Sunday, December 4, 2011

OPT Dec 4

TRAINING:
AM
4 sets ALL OUT:
5 Thrusters - 115lb
20 sec Airdyne
+
4 sets ALL OUT:
15 KBS - 32kg
9 Push-up Burpees

PM
Run 3k for time

RESULTS:
AM
First set of thrusters took 15 seconds, bar positioning was a bit off so the reps weren't quite as fast. Sets 2, 3, and 4 thrusters were 11 seconds. Positioning on these sets was good and I felt really powerful today. (Bar taken from ground). Airdyne monitor doesn't work but kept the RPM's maxed out.
+
All sets 46 seconds. KB had a tilt at the top, I wanted to keep it fast so I didn't worry too much about keeping the kb vertical.

*Both of these intervals this morning were brutal. Just the right amount of weight, reps and work time to go all out and not slow down.
PM
13:43
Over a minute faster than at the Optathlon (14:57)
A new PR (previous 14:14)

Mentally broke it up into 7 x 400's paced at about 1:50, and just gave the last half lap all I had left. This went better for me, just trying to think 1 lap at a time. Some laps took a bit longer and others were a bit shorter, but the good news is the first half was slower than the second half, not by a whole lot though, but it tells me my pacing was better than previous times where I slowed down in the last couple laps. Lap 3 was the toughest for me, felt like I was pushing the hardest to maintain pace, but after that I got in a better groove, most likely a result of a not so great warm up.
I'm definitely exhausted after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment