Wednesday, January 15, 2014

13.1 Retest

Today I retested 13.1. Last year I got 169 reps and I remember it being horrible. I was kind of excited to see how I have improved on this over the past year, especially in this work out. Of course it is easier to plan an approach to a work out I have already done. However, this is not always the case during the open. It is mentally and physically tough/draining to do a work out twice within a few days. I had another guy at the gym do this one with me, which helped a lot. I don't enjoy the chaos of too many people working out at once, I feel cramped and out of my usual routine, but I do enjoy some company. While my breathing was high during my retest today, I felt like I could still move -- I wasn't taking the breaks I took last year, I settled into singles early and just moved.
Score= 190 reps
So this is the completion of the final 10 burpees. I had 6 sec to spare so that was not enough time to load the bar to 120# and get a snatch in, but I did it anyways to see how I'd feel when I am tired. The 120# was fine, but in order to get this rep to count in the work out I would have needed to be 20 sec faster, to give myself 25+ seconds to load the bar and get a rep in. Happy to see my improvement in this work out (21 reps better than 2013).
9

1 comment: