Thursday, August 16, 2012

Achieving Goals; a 165# Snatch PR

A. Snatch, 1RM
B. Back Squat @ 20X1, 1RM
C. Press, 1RM
A. 165# (+7# PR) met a goal i had set, 165# before the OPTathlon
B.  235# (tie PR)
C. 115# (tie PR)

  • Excited for the snatch PR, wanted that for a while and had no fails leading up to 165#, couldn't hit 170#... failed a few times the exact same way, just need a more powerful pull and more aggressive punch under
  • Didn't have the leg strength I needed today for the back squat... 235# felt so much heavier and slower than last week, I tried 240# and hardly bounced and immediately sank back into my squat depth and had to dump it. I swear last week I could have gotten at least 245#, oh well. Probably wore myself out on the snatches by trying to get 170# like 4 times.
  • Strict Press is always frustrating, 115# went just fine, but 118# would not move more than a couple of inches. 
  • Although I'm happy with the snatch PR, I realize I still have a great amount of work to do in the raw strength department. 

1 comment: