Friday, March 2, 2012

12.2

A. Power Clean, 1-1-1, 5 min
B. Split Jerk, 1-1-1, 5 min
C. Open 12.2
A. 165#, 170#, 175#
B. 165#, 170#, 175# (f)
C. 87 reps
Left part A and B light to not wear myself out for part C. It didn't really matter because my head was somewhere else. I did the work out around noon, and all morning I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was too nervous for my own good. I felt horrible and couldn't eat anything. 12.2 was something I was really looking forward to, but as the time came to actually do it I was already checked out. I felt like this could be the work out I would do the best in. However, I was emotional before the work out and I really just let everything get to me. 45# and 75# felt fine, I was on track for my planned pace. I finished 75# at 4 minutes, but didn't start the 100#s till 4:45. I wanted to do 3-5 reps and finish with time to get to the 120#s and this wasn't a ridiculous goal. I fell apart, my quads were killing me and my pace fell to shit. I was incredibly disappointed with myself after. I never have beat myself up so bad over something so dumb. I felt like this was my shot to get back in the competition and I may have blown it. I felt a lot of pressure from myself and others to do well and I let everyone down.  I have worked so hard and do well in my training but I just crumble when it counts. We will see where this will put me and how things go today and tomorrow, and if I feel confident and ready to go, I will give it another shot knowing I can improve. If I'm over it, I will just move on to next week. I have had my eyes set on regionals since last year. I train so hard and care so much, but once again the open is proving to be a tough competition for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment