Sunday, January 22, 2012

1k Row PR

LEnd3 x 3 sessions

AM
15,12,9 rep rds for time @ 95%:
Power Clean - 80lb
Push-up Burpees
*Goal 3 min is goal
2:34
Felt good here. 
Noon
3 rounds for time @ 95%:
9 KBS - 32kg
12 Thrusters - 65lb
*Under 2:30 min is goal
3:43
2 rounds completed in 1:30 then fell apart. I had no pop left so the 32 kg really dominated me, lost focus by the time I got to the thrusters. Was not as much breathing as it was muscle/power stamina here. Would like to think I could have handled this much better with 24 kg.

PM
Row 1000m @ 97%
*Under 3:55 is goal
3:51.3 PR!
Learned a new technique from Shane at Invictus last weekend, and started the row with some short and hard pulls, 3/4 1/2 3/4 full full, then got into my rhythm. I think that helped me out, it was enough to get the pace down to 1:36 for a couple seconds and as I started to get back to my 1:57 pace, it took the rower a while so I was getting strokes at a faster pace without actually "pulling" that pace, if that makes ANY sense. Felt great! Damper @ 4
Stoked on my performance in session 1. Very frustrated with my performance in session 2. and stoked on session 3. Hit a PR in the 1k row and did not think I would be able to do that after one of the toughest days of training I've had in a while, cool!

LEend3: PC & Burpees from Chelsea Ryan on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. nice job on your PR! your explanation made TOTAL sense, by the way. wish i would've known that rowing technique when i did my 1k haha!! next time, next time....

    ReplyDelete