Friday, September 16, 2011

New Toy!

Yesterday Matt surprised me with a new camera!!! I am super excited about it! I used to have a white FlipHD that I was borrowing from my mom, but it was kind of a POS. No matter how long I would charge it for, every time I turned it on, it was on low battery so I ordered a new battery pack, and wall charger to see if that would fix it, but it only gave me an extra 2 or 3 min battery life. Even with non-rechargeable batteries, the camera would die within 5 minutes. The picture quality that the FlipHD took was really great (although i don't upload my vimeos in HD so you can't really see the quality) so I never thought about getting a new one because I still liked it. Other people I know don't have a problem with their battery, so I think I just got a bad camera.

Anyways, my new camera is awesome, it is touch screen and it has a really long battery life compared to my old one! I know some people think it's pointless to film work outs, but I actually learn a lot through watching my videos. In metcons I can see where I gave up, where I fell apart, and what I could have done better. I can also review all my weightlifting in slow motion, especially on a missed lift I can see where I went wrong. Plus since I film a lot of my work outs, when I do something really cool I have it on video!
Expect some cooler videos since now I can film my entire work out then edit them, instead of filming a few seconds at a time like I did with my old camera.
Thanks Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment