Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Meet Review & Back Off Week- Training

This past weekend I competed in Max's Gym Open, an olympic lifting competition. I was not entirely sure if I was going to compete because I wasn't feeling good the week leading up to the event. But I thought I would eventually feel better by Sunday (meet day), and it's just good to get the experience. I lowered my openers just to feel more confident all things considered.
Snatches went 78, 81, 83X
CJ went: 95 98 101X
On the snatch I lost it behind, and on the clean and jerk I was called for a press out. The judges were consistently strict so I feel it was fair.
This week is a lighter training week but I have been feeling overall pretty good.
Tuesday
AM 
A. Press, work to a max
B. Weighted Pronated Pull-up, work to a max
C. Stir the Pot on Swiss Ball, 30 sec movement x 5 sets, rest as needed b/t
A. 55kg
B. 60#, failed 65#
8
PM 
EMOM x 10 mins:
2 Ring Muscle-ups
4 HSPU
8 KBS - 24kg
Completed, breathing was tough by the end and I think partly because I have been sick. I had about 18 sec rest between rounds, I don't feel like I could have gone for much more than 5 more mins though.
8
Wednesday
AM @ Cadence
A. Back Squat, work to a moderately tough single - not a max
B. AMRAP Chest to Bar x 1 set
C. 90,80,70,60,50,40,30,20,10 unbroken DU’s for time
A. 255#
B. 37--- PR from 25 reps. I didn't fail, I just kind of hit a wall and dropped 
C. 6:48
I only messed up on the set of 10s, but gave myself rest between the larger sets 
8
PM @ Cadence
EMOM x 20 mins:
1st - 2 touch n go Power Snatch @ 125lb
2nd - 2 tough Strict HSPU
3rd - 2 touch n go Power Clean @ 165lb
4th - 2 tough Strict HSPU
completed, this didn't feel too challenging
HSPU were on parallettes to 9" or so. parallettes + 2 ab mats
9

No comments:

Post a Comment