Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jan 20th, 21st, 22nd

So this week has not been a great training week for me so far. Monday morning was off to a bad start already; I had to call the session early, my back was really sore and I couldn't support much weight in a front squat. Tuesday's work out did not nearly go how i wanted it to. I had a very bad night of sleep the night before but i don't think that affected it much. Then i was planning to do the PM session and instead i fell asleep, without meaning to, for over 3 hours in the middle of the afternoon. I was stressing out about missing the PM session, but I took that as a sign to rest my body. I had a pretty bad headache all day, and I feel like I might be getting sick but i am really hoping to just pass this off. Anyways this all is enough to make me feel like I'm in a slump. I just need to get well and refocused. 
Monday
AM - SN int + FSq int (low # sets) + C&J EMOM
A. touch n go Snatch, build to a tough triple - squat if needed
B. Front Squat @ 20X1, 6-5-4, 4 min - all tough sets
C. Squat Clean. Front Squat. Split Jerk, 1.1.1 @ 155lb per min x 10 mins
A. 155#
B &C. did not do
5

PM - Upper CP + LP1--LP2 single
EMOM x 20 mins:
1st - 4-6 tough kipping HSPU to deficit
2nd - 1 legless rope climb
+
rest as needed
+
30 sec Row ALL OUT x 6 sets, 3-4 min b/t - damper 5
5 sets @ 11"
5 sets of 4 reps @ 9"

Tuesday
AM - sub 7 min tester
"Open 12.5"
116... after reviewing the video, my pull ups were good, but the set of 15 thrusters is where i fell apart. it took me way too long, felt like i couldn't catch my breath, did 3 sets of 5... but i did the 18 thrusters unbroken (and all other sets were unbroken too aside from 15s). this also took me over an hour to get going. i had a headache and just wasn't really feeling it, but overall disappointed in the score, it is only 3 reps better than when i did 12.5, really had higher expectations for myself :(
6

PM - 20 min low % MAP
20 min @ moderate effort:
50 du's
50ft bear crawl
20 walking lunges
15 cals Airdyne
10 gh sit-ups
did not complete

Wednesday
BSq int (low # sets) + mixed MAP sets (long sets)
Back Squat @ 20X1, 6-5-4, 4 min - all tough sets
+
4 sets @ high effort:
30 box jumps - 20"
15 wall balls - 14# to 10 ft
15 power clean @ 65lbs
15 burpees to 6" OH
15 cals Airdyne
Rest same as work time
*Mix and match per set
A. 225#  for all sets and i only got 5, 4, 3 reps... should have gone lighter obviously, but thought i could make the next set each time since it was 1 less rep
B. 4:03, 4:27, 4:50, 4:38 only on the first step i felt good on box jumps. all other sets i was so tired and stepping down mostly.
6

resting up tomorrow and hoping for a better friday! 

2 comments:

  1. We all feel like that every now and then Chelsea. Definitely not in a slump, the PR train has been chuggin away lately. Also saw your 155x3 snatch video and you looked strong. Like you stated, just a sign to get a little more rest this week and you'll be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this one. Last week was forced rest for three days. Came back strong this week.

    ReplyDelete